Translate

Friday, January 13, 2017

The Winter 'Blues'


Hello, dear friends! How are you doing? I hope the New Year is treating you well. I'm thrilled to present a new project on the Maja Design Blog this lovely Friday. I don't actually have the winter blues-lol. I am, however, totally and completely obsessed with the color blue. Sometimes I'll go a couple of weeks favoring a certain color, and this week it is blue. Does that ever happen to you?  

This is no problem when you have Maja Design papers. They have a fabulous assortment of blues to choose from. Today I'm using Vintage Autumn Basics to bring to life this sequestered garden. 


The base papers are distressed, layered, and stitched. A script stamp adds interest to the upper corner of the card. Two ovals layered on foam adhesive provide a backdrop for the bench. The blue paper roses and leaves are handmade using the paper collection.  
You'll find some cheesecloth and a twine bow for a feminine touch.  





Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope you have plenty of time to get cozy in your crafting space this weekend. There are so many lovely Maja Design Papers are waiting for you to create your own treasures!

Hugs,
Nancy-sign

Maja Design Papers Used:  

Additional Supplies Used: Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, Magnolia Rose Leaf Die, Spellbinders Ovals Dies, Prima Shabby Chic Treasures, Cheesecloth, Twine, Sewing Machine, Thread, Foam adhesive. 

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful with amazing layers and great use of the papers

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart skips a beat every time I see your handmade tattered flowers! This is a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty, and yes, I do go off into color and design phases! Right now I'm in a I don't know what I want to create phase! Lovely inspiration to help me get back into focus! Love those beautiful papers and your design is gorgeous as always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete