Translate

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tea in the Garden Card



Hello and a very happy Wednesday to you! Are you warm and cozy and creating something beautiful today? This is the second of three posts for me again this week! I'm trying to get a little ahead on projects and birthday cards, so I'll be enjoying some quality craft room time over the next few days. 

We're launching an exciting challenge at The Frilly and Funkie BlogJenny is our hostess for the next two weeks and has chosen the theme: Enjoy your Embossing. You may make any vintage or shabby chic project of your choice that includes embossing. Use your favorite embossing methods (wet, dry, heat, or any other techniques you want to share) - just enjoy your embossing!

For complete challenge details just click on the blog link above. The winner will be featured in a guest design spot on The Frilly and Funkie Blog, plus everyone who enters will be placed in a drawing to receive a $25.00 gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie Boutique!   



Maja Design's gorgeous 'Ska vi ta en Fika' papers are distressed, layered, and stitched to form the base of the card. I'm in love with the purples in this collection. The embossing is done with Wendy Vecchi's Crackled Texture Paste and a Tim Holtz Gothic Stencil. I included some 'super close ups' so you can see how well the crackle texture comes out with Wendy's product. The stencil is amazing, too. It held up well to the paste for a crisp, clear design.   


The blooming rose is handcrafted from the paper collection (tutorial here). The florals are dusted with Gesso. I love the shabby feel it gives them. The teapot on the bottom and coordinating flowers at the top are fussy cut from the paper collection.   



Below is a close up of the distressed layering and the absolutely scrumptious papers. This card is ready to send out to a dear friend along with a gift of assorted teas. 


I'm so happy you stopped by for a peek at my card. Y'all are my crafty family, and I treasure each and every one of you. Wishing you a day filled with joy!    

Hugs,

22 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy! Boy do I love the addition of the stencilled crackle embossing paste behind that gorgeous floral bouquet and little teapot. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy your work always fascinates me and you have gone that extra mile with todays card , gosh how do you think of such wonderful ideas ?
    Love, love ,love you card .
    A job well done
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Nancy. Love the rich tones of these papers and the embossing paste adds such a lovely texture. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, your cards are stunningly beautiful. Oh, if I only could stay home from work today! I finally have gathered up enough courage to try your flower tutorial! There's always tonight, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Nancy...this is too gorgeous for words! All those distressed layers, and the dry brushing and embossing paste. Be still my heart! I am such a fan of your gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Nancy. Love the layering and the textured background. Pretty flower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a beautiful card! I love the stenciling you've done and the Fika papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the crackle pattern, the subtle fruit and tea references. This is a beauty for sure! You are really an asset to the Maya team!!! And I adore the embossing theme for F&F this go! Great inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy,
    I have enjoyed my visit today..sure will come again. Inky hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Fika paper collection from Maja. So delighted to see how you have used it here, Nancy. Your crackle embossing looks fantastic and your dark handmade bloom creates the most gorgeous focal point. Another beautiful card!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Nancy. It's so beautifully tattered and love the deep purples. The crackle embossing paste is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so pretty! love the flowers & the crackle paste adds the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card, I'm in love with all the pretty details! Hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is stunning and I love the hand made flowers. Super gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous, I love the rich deep purple and the embossing paste. Thanks for the detailed tutorial for the flower, can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautiful card, Nancy! Your embossing with the paste is perfect, and looks so good against those beautiful papers! As always, your bloom is STUNNING!I've got to give that tutorial a try! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, Nancy!! I love your crackled paste, and the flower is gorgeous!! Great inspiration! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. So feminine and beautiful! I love that pretty paper you used with the gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy goodness and all that is right with the world - this is AMAZING! Totally pinning it to drool over later. Real time question: I've been making some more layered cards with big flowers like this. How do you package them (because mine don't really fit in traditional envelopes...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, love the wonderful crackled texture through the Gothic stencil and that flower is scrumptious! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nancy you always use the Maja papers so beautifully and your flowers are to die for ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Nancy, I'm back to answer your question about the metal repair tape I used on several of my recent projects. It is sticky backed tape found in the plumbing and air conditioning aisle of my local home supply store and is made by 3M. I hope this helps!

    I couldn't help but have another peek at this awesome card! I never tire of looking at your beautiful creations! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete