Translate

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's all in the little things...

I love transforming our home into a cozy retreat for my family. I'm always looking for new ideas to add 'that special touch.' Whenever I visit somewhere particularly comfortable I try to analyze just what it was that made me feel that way. I've come to the conclusion that the secret is in the little things. That attention to detail that's so easy to let slip by in today's busy world. One thing I like to do is infuse our home with a welcoming aroma. Because of our allergies I don't care for commercially scented candles, sprays, or potpourri, so I opt for something all natural. I take bits of whatever I have in my fruit bin~apples, oranges, cranberries~whatever strikes my fancy. I combine everything  in a crock with some water and a spice or two from my cupboard and simmer them on my stovetop. Our home always smells like something scrumptious is baking in the oven, even on the days I don't bake! I'd love to hear your inspirations for creating an inviting atmosphere in your home if you wouldn't mind sharing them. I'm so happy you stopped by my blog today! I send my best wishes for a day filled with joy, love, and fun surprises! 

No comments:

Post a Comment