Translate

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

doily envelopes


(courtesy of Nicole at simpleandhandmade.blogspot.com)
Hi and happy Tuesday! I came across a couple of great ideas online today. How I love the look of these delicate doily envelopes! Imagine how adorable these would be for hand delivered Valentine cards.
All you need is a square lace doily. Fold each corner towards the middle to create a diamond shape, then use a dab of glue to adhere the three corners together. Leave one corner unattached so you have a flap to slide the letter into the envelope.
Here's another example using a round doily:

I can't wait to try this out! 

I also found a couple of great looking recipes. Tex-Mex is a favorite in my family, so I pulled out my trusty crockpot and have this simmering away for our supper...

Tex Mex Crock Pot Chicken

We'll be using ours to fill tacos, but it works just as well for enchiladas, fajitas, quesadillas, and soups.
And it freezes well, so go ahead and make a double batch and you'll have something put back for those nights you're too rushed to cook. 

Now onto dessert.

Cranberry Crumb Bars 

I adore anything with cranberries. I even slather them on sandwiches along with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. At the moment I'm about to head into my kitchen and whip up a pan of these scrumptious bars. Oh, I cannot wait to taste them!! 
My thanks to the talented Katie for sharing both of the wonderful recipes that will be gracing our table tonight. Here are the links if you'd like to bring them to a dinner table near you:  


And now I can't resist sharing just one more photo, because we have a golden retriever, and this is just the sort of thing our sweet girl used to do... 

(photo courtesy of dogsrfunny.com)

I hope you're having a joyful day filled with love and wonderful surprises! And thank you for stopping to share a little of your day with me here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment